Today, Alienware reaches new milestones with the launch of the most powerful 17-inch AMD Advantage laptop, the introduction of standard-defying 480 Hz panel technology for the first time and the unveiling of our first-ever 16-inch Dell G Series laptop. We stay true to the Alienware ethos to create the ultimate gaming experience. These improvements aim to make your visuals sharper, your gameplay smoother and your experience more immersive through a perfect storm of leading gaming technology and iconic design.
For those who value raw power, the Alienware m17 R5 is the laptop for you. It claims the throne as the world’s most powerful 17-inch AMD Advantage laptop, delivering truly remarkable performance. The m17 R5 was born from a collaboration with AMD featuring AMD Ryzen 6000 Series Processors, AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series Graphics, and new AMD Smart Technologies. Today’s update welcomes the new AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT 12GB GDDR6 GPU to the configuration line.
Here’s a refresher on all the AMD Smart Technologies we’re proud to offer with Alienware m17 R5 on select configurations:
- AMD SmartShift Max: Dynamic power shift between a Radeon GPU and APU boosts performance for gaming, rendering, and content creation.
- AMD SmartAccess Graphics: Improve frame rates, reduce latency and save battery by enabling discrete Radeon graphics or Ryzen graphics for display and presentation while retaining AMD FreeSync. Available on select models only.ii
- AMD Smart Access Memory: Get an added advantage when your Ryzen processors can harness the full potential of Radeon graphics card memory.
- AMD FreeSync Premium: Eliminate choppy gameplay with smooth, artifact-free performance at virtually any frame rate. This adaptive sync technology matches the refresh rate of your graphics and your screen for smooth gameplay.
The Alienware m17 R5 delivers extreme speeds and response times so you can play your favorite titles with smooth gameplay. It feels like the game has become an extension of your senses. The m17 R5 is also stacked with Alienware Cryo-tech cooling technology with a built-in graphics vapor chamberiii to maintain high performance when playing graphics-intensive games.
480 Hz displays make a soft landing in Alienware m17 R5 and x17 R2
Now available with Alienware m17 R5 and Alienware x17 R2 gaming laptops, gamers will experience a brand new display technology for the first time. Our FHD (1920 x 1080) 480 Hz 3 ms panels offer a host of gameplay benefits, including: smooth animations for easier target tracking, ghosting reduction that minimizes disruptive effects, and lower system latency making it easier to spot other players earlier .
While any gamer can take advantage of the smooth frame rates offered by this 480 Hz panel, competitive gamers who play fast-paced games will immediately notice the benefits of the high refresh rates. These panels are enabled for both AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-SYNC with Advanced Optimus. Within this current graphics generation, any gamer playing popular esports game titles can enjoy the full benefits of 480 Hz displays.
Our first 480 Hz is purpose-built with premium experiences such as:
- Advanced Optimus: Automatically controls the built-in hardware MUX to disable the iGPU and use the system’s more powerful dGPU, giving extra control over game performance and battery life.
- ComfortView Plus: A built-in, always-on, hardware-based low blue light solution that doesn’t compromise on true-to-life color accuracy.
- Dolby Vision: Provides optimal color profiles and contrast far beyond the capabilities of traditional high dynamic range (HDR).
Alternatively, we offer UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 3ms displays on m17 R5 and x17 R2 laptops for those more interested in a higher resolution panel with faster refresh rates.
Our first ever 16-inch gaming panel in a 15-inch chassis, introducing the Dell G16
The new Dell G16 is designed for PC gamers who need the essential gaming features and want mobility and performance without sacrificing screen size.
The G16 offers a sleek gaming-inspired design with a sleek, modern aluminum body, available in Obsidian Black with an iridescent logo. The laptop also features a 16-inch panel in a 15-inch chassis with a 16:10 aspect ratio to offer gamers 11% more screen than the G15’s 16:9 display, providing a greater gaming and movie experience. . The larger display area is complimented by three-sided narrow bezels and equipped with a QHD+ (2560×1600) 165 Hz display that finds a sweet spot between high resolution and high frame rates. Advanced Optimus allows the G16 to switch between the integrated GPU and the discrete NVIDIA RTX graphics card as needed, which can help improve battery life and provide a smooth gaming experience.
Under the hood, the G16 features Alienware-inspired thermals such as copper piping, four vents, and ultra-thin fan blades to optimize cooling and maximize airflow for consistent high-end gaming performance. It is equipped with a 12th generation Intel Core i7-12700H 14-core processor and up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU. To keep your machine running at its best during intense raids and boss encounters, activate the “Game Shift” key in the F9 position, which immediately boosts cooling performance.
G16 takes a few other pages from the Alienware playbook, including:
- Alienware Command Center: Provides easy access to game settings, peripheral lighting settings, Dolby Audio, and a game library for seamless customization.
- New keyboard options, including CherryMX: single-zone option, per-key RGB, or ultra-low profile CherryMX mechanical keyboard, all full-size options with fully customizable layouts.
Prices & Availability
- The Alienware m17 R5 is available now.
- The Alienware x17 R2 is now available.
- The Dell G16 will be available July 21 for a starting price of $1,399 or CAD $1,799.