Bungie Releases Statement After Destiny YouTubers Get Copyright Warnings

After multiple Destiny content creators reported that their videos had been slammed with copyright claims, Bungie responded, saying the promotion was carried out by a third party, not the publisher.

Bungie has numerous content creators focusing on their games and the stories behind them. However, on March 20, YouTuber Byf, who produces Destiny lore videos, reported that one of his standard-formula lore videos had received a copyright complaint on the platform.

This eventually led to a full statement from Bungie, which said it was not responsible for the report.

Bungie blames third party for copyright strikes

In a series of now-deleted tweets, Byf mentioned Bungie, wondering why his usual type of Destiny rendition video had received a copyright notice.

Bungie blamed an unknown third party for the takedowns in a statement on Twitter and was adamant it wasn’t because of actions they had taken.

The publisher said that even some videos on their own YouTube channel had been removed in the wave of DMCAs.

“We are aware of a series of copyright takedowns on YouTube and are actively investigating this. This includes content on our own Bungie channels,” they wrote. “These actions are NOT taken at the request of Bungie or our partners. by for future updates.”

After Bungie’s statement, Byf deleted his initial tweets and reiterated that Bungie was not responsible for what happened to his or others’ videos.

It remains to be seen who or what the mysterious third party behind these attacks is, but we’ll be sure to update this story as more details become available.

Leave a Comment