Behavior Interactive has released the patch notes for Dead by Daylight’s 6.0.1 bug fix patch that clears up some minor annoyances.
Dead by Daylight is still going strong six years after its release in June 2016.
Developer Behavior Interactive has consistently added content to the asymmetric multiplayer experience, such as new Killers, Maps, and Survivors.
Now, the team has released the new 6.0.1 bug fix patch, which mitigates a slew of things like game crashes, menu slowdowns, and other issues reported by players after the Roots of Dread Chapter 24 update.
Dead by Daylight 6.0.1 bug fix patch notes
While not a bug fix, it’s important to note that these new patch notes announced a start time shift to Dead by Daylight’s Twisted Masquerade 6th Anniversary limited-time event: today, June 16 at 11:30 a.m. EST.
The event lasts through June 30 at 11:30 a.m. EST. Until then, players can expect things like generators, hooks, and lockers decorated with a party theme.
Survivors can also expect different masquerade masks for the following characters:
- The Trapper
- the hunter
- The ghost
- The Deathslinger
- the cheater
- The artist
- Dwight Fairfield
- Ace Viscontia
- Jane Romero
- Yui Kimura
- Elodie Rakoto
- Mikaela Reid
As for the patch notes for bug fixes in the 6.0.1 update, players can expect a lot of general cleanup.
For example, Behavior Interactive “for now” fixed a delay in navigating loadout menus and fixed an issue where Survivors’ crawl rate was higher than normal.
The patch notes also mention fixing an issue that caused the game to crash when teleporting as The Dredge, the latest assassin introduced in Chapter 24.
Players interested in reading the full patch notes can find them below:
- The start time of the ‘Twisted Masquerade’ 6th Anniversary limited-time event has been postponed (starting June 16 11:30AM ET)
- Fixed an issue that caused delays when navigating the loadout menu for the time being.
- Fixed an issue for now that could cause Survivors’ crawl speed to be higher than normal.
- Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally crash when teleporting as The Dredge.
- Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally crash when playing against the Hunter or the Trickster.
- Fixed an issue that caused Dredge’s Very Rare Twisted Plaything’s outfit to stretch during its appearance in menus. (All platforms except Steam and Epic)
- Fixed an issue that allowed blood point offers to show in custom game gear presets.
- Fixed an issue where some UI tabs displayed broken background images when the tab text was short.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the list of items in the game manual to scroll too slowly on some platforms.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Cannibals Chainsaw to remain silent to survivors.
- Fixed an issue where Survivors continued their injured Grunt SFX when they fully recovered themselves with the Solidarity Perk.
- Fixed an issue where two impact SFXs could be heard when The Dredge breaks a wall.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect surface SFX to play when a specific part of the Garden Of Joy hook was hit by a killer.
- Fixed an issue where the SFX and VFX Nightfall warning was missing when the killer injures a survivor just before the notification threshold.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Dredge’s smoke to be missing.
- Fixed an issue where the Dredge was visible when teleporting to a locker.
- Fixed an issue where the Entity Spikes on blocked lockers would sometimes disappear when viewed from higher ground.
- Fixed an issue where Survivors would jump forward during the locker grab animation when the Dredge teleported to a locker with a Survivor in it.
- Fixed an issue where part of the Dredge would clip through the camera when exiting a locker immediately after teleporting there.
- Fixed an issue where the Dredge’s vignette at nightfall would desaturate the Killer instinct and loud noise notifications.
- Fixed an issue where the Dredge was blinded by blinding items (fireworks, flashbangs, flashlights) while teleporting to a locker.
- Fixed an issue where the undetectable smoke VFX was visible for a few seconds when the Dredge exits a locker during nightfall.
- Fixed an issue where the Blindness and Exhausted status effects of the Fearmonger advantage remained on Survivors after they stopped repairing a generator.
- Fixed an issue where Survivors within 5 meters of a locker and in the dying state would activate the Dredge’s Lavalier Microphone add-on.
- Fixed an issue where Survivors would experience the Exposed status effect throughout the Nightfall duration if the last generator was repaired at the end of Nightfall with the Dredge’s Iridescent Wood Plan and Field Recorder add-ons.
- Fixed an issue where the From The Deep feat (trophy on Sony platforms) progressed when the Dredge hides in a locker and the Survivor interacts with it.
- Fixed an issue where the Dredge had no animation on the match result screen when the match ended while in a locker.
- Fixed an issue where the black aspect ratio bars would disappear when the Dredge is in a cabinet.
- Fixed an issue where Survivors would get stuck searching a locker while the Dredge was teleporting to it with a lot of packet loss.
- Fixed an issue where Survivors could end up in a locker in a broken state if the Killer is stunned by another Survivor using the Head On advantage when searching a locker.
- Fixed an issue where characters could get onto some crates and buckets by falling down from the second floor of the main building in Coal Tower.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision blocking the second floor hole in Badham Preschool maps.
- Fixed an issue where the old Ghost Face’s chase music was replaying.
- Fixed an issue where the Play With Your Food perk would not consume a token when injuring a survivor with a possessed chain using the Cenobite’s Engineer’s Fang add-on.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Overlap Trophy description from being translated into certain languages. (PS5 only)
- Some players have been bothered by rubber bands since 5.7.0. This issue is being investigated.
- Players on the console may experience crashes when starting a tutorial bot match before the game is fully downloaded. To work around the issue, wait for the game to fully download before launching the tutorial bot match.
If you’re looking for more Dead by Daylight content, be sure to check out our page for the latest news and guides.
Best Survivors and Extras in DBD | All Killers and Perks in DBD | Is Dead by Daylight crossplay? † Is Dead by Daylight on Xbox Game Pass? † Dead by Daylight Codes | All the benefits in this week’s DBD Shrine of Secrets | Lurking Stripes DBD Lunar New Year Event