The next major Destiny 2 update is scheduled for April 19, and we’ve already had an early look at some of the major changes and major bug fixes that will be rolling out. Here’s a full rundown of the patch notes.
With Guardians getting used to a rhythm weeks after the release of the Witch Queen content, Bungie has announced an upcoming patch that should make the weekly grind a little smoother.
The next Destiny 2 update will launch on Tuesday, April 19 and will feature a range of bug fixes and performance improvements, along with some minor gameplay tweaks.
Although we are still a few days away, we already have a good idea of what is to come. So here’s a full rundown of everything we know about Destiny 2’s April 19 patch.
Vow of the disciple restores
Early patch notes revealed that the April 19 Destiny 2 update focuses heavily on major bug fixes. Namely, newer activities like the Sourcerenewed Trials of Osirisand the Vow of the Disciple Raid all viewed to some degree.
When it comes to the latest Raid, Rhulk has been a bit picky since his arrival. While he is often only too happy to “hunt” Guardians to their doom, the intimidating enemy can sometimes get stuck.
The April 19 patch seems to address that issue, ensuring that Rhulk “goes back to his early stages in the right way” every time.
In addition, the Caretaker’s health display should be much more accurate for all players advancing.
New Weapon Crafting Consumable
Also included in the next Destiny 2 update is a unique consumable. Of Weapon Crafting Systems finally live, Bungie wants to make the process a little easier.
A new consumable available through the Relic Conduit will soon allow easy viewing of element counts.
OOnce the item has been purchased, it can be discarded and repurchased any number of times, so you never have to worry about it running out.
Early Destiny 2 April 19 Patch Notes
While the full patch notes are yet to be revealed, Bungie has given an early preview in the latest TWAB blog post†
We’ll be sure to update you here with the latest notes, but for now, here’s a full look at the early Destiny 2 patch notes:
THE WELLSPRING: ATTACK:
- Fixed an issue that could cause teams to erase incorrectly during a Master Wellspring when an objective is completed with only a few seconds left on the timer.
- Added a failsafe so that movable objects in both a Wellspring’s ritual and boss phases don’t spawn outside the bounds.
ALTAR OF REFLECTION:
- Fixed an issue where players could not complete the Evidence Board Quest Report: ALTAR-REFLECT due to Altar or Reflection not displaying correctly.
- More like Altar of Re-Appearance.
FAITH OF THE DISCIPLE RAISE:
- Fixed an issue where Rhulk would suddenly become shy and would no longer properly return to his initial stage, effectively blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where the Caretaker’s Dynamic Health Threshold UI was not displaying consistently across all players.
TASTING OF OSIRIS:
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive the expected rewards for post-Flawless wins.
- Virtual keyboard support is now available for console text chat.
- Improvements have been made to make text chat messages easier to read.
- Added a System Message text field that is italicized to display system text.
- Local chat now has an orange shade for differentiation, no longer the white color.
- Clearer chat color discrimination for in-game colorblind settings.
- Added a consumable that allows viewing the number of Elements.
- This can be obtained through the Relic Conduit.
- It is not a limited item, you can throw it away and get it again at any time.
- Players with all 25 artifact mods unlocked can still reset the artifact at no additional Glimmer cost.
- Once all 25 Artifact mods are unlocked, resets are free from then on.
- Fixed an issue where Devour would sometimes grant less buff time if multiple targets were killed in quick succession.
- Added target assist to enemy Axion Bolt’s secondary projectiles to help players hit bolts chasing both themselves and fellow allies.
The upcoming patch will also address notable stability issues and crash fixes, Xûr’s shaky stats for his wares, and will resume Rahool’s Destination Materials for sale upon reset.