Destiny 2’s ultimate PVP activity, Trials of Osiris, has finally returned to the Crucible. Here’s everything we know about Trials of Osiris this weekend (April 8), including the map and rewards.
Destiny 2’s The Witch Queen expansion is now over a month old and Trials of Osiris returns this Friday.
While the playlist has historically struggled with issues such as cheaters, account recovery services, and technical issues within the wider Destiny 2 experience, Bungie has made some new tweaks over the past few seasons to improve things.
Here’s a super quick rundown of what to expect from Trials of Osiris in the coming seasons:
- Trials are only available to players who own the latest annual expansion (The Witch Queen)
- You can keep playing once you’ve suffered three losses and still earn gear (although Trials only offers the best rewards for Flawless runs)
- PC players will now notice that BattlEye anti-cheat is in effect
- Perhaps the biggest change is that Trials of Osiris now offers matchmaking
While Season of the Risen focuses on a rework of Gambit, Season 17 brings new changes to Trials of Osiris. Capture Zone and Freelance weekends will return, and Adept rewards will change as well.
Trials of Osiris card this week (April 8 – 12)
We will find out where the Trials of Osiris map is located 6pm BST/10am PT/1pm ET On Friday† April 8
Destiny 2 fan and graphic designer relics has produced a series of excellent explanatory cards. Here’s last week’s.
Trials of Osiris Rewards This Week (April 8)
Instead of the 3, 5, 7 and Flawless win thresholds previously required for rewards, players no longer earn specific weapon drops. In fact, you now earn Trials Engrams for improving your reputation with Saint-14 in the Tower’s Hangar.
However, you will earn a rotating ‘Adept’ weapon for a flawless run.
- Reputation Rank 10 – Eye of Sol (kinetic sniper rifle). Once you restore your reputation, you can earn Shayura’s Wrath (Void SMG)
- Reputation rank 16 – The Messenger (Kinetic pulse rifle). Once you restore your reputation, you can earn Reed’s Regret (Stasis Linear Fusion Rifle)
- Smooth running – TB
Once a Trials of Osiris reward is unlocked, you can re-roll for the cost of a Trials engram – meaning farming rolling has never been easier.
Remember, though, that you can get better gear with higher stat rolls by going Flawless. Rank 10 and Rank 16 Trials Reputation also guarantees weapon drops.
Now that the Witch Queen is in full force, Trials of Osiris also has a revamped loot pool. There will be six exclusive weapons on offer this season, and they all come equipped with two specific origin features.
Alacrity is the first and improves your reload speed, stability, aim assist and range when you are the last person on your team. While One Quiet Moment is the second, the reload speed is further improved when not in active battles.
While not every weapon has been revealed yet, we already know about two specific Trials weapons. Players can earn the Aisha’s Embrace Scout Rifle (260 RPM Rapid-Fire Frame) and the returning Trials Auto Rifle with its 600 RPM Adaptive Frame.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Passages Explained
With the playlist refresh in Season of the Lost, Trials of Osiris also went through some changes to the Passages (or Cards). These quest items give you access to the Trials playlist every weekend, and there are some major changes in the new system:
- Passages no longer follow losses
- Every passage is flawless or not, allowing you to keep playing and earn rewards no matter how many losses you suffer
- Players can still reset their Passage after a loss, but are no longer forced to do so after three losses on their card
- Passages now follow up to 20 rounds won
- All Passages have significantly reduced their prices
- Passages are now account wide meaning you can play with the same Passage and earn rewards for all your characters
These changes, and what they mean for you as you get ready for the playlist, can be quite confusing. Fortunately, we have an overview of each Passage, what it does and which one might be right for you:
- Passage of Mercy: This Passage forgives one loss per run
- If your goal is to get all the way to the lighthouse then this is the Passage for you. You get one free loss without having to reset your card and start all over
- Passage of cruelty: This Passage gives you a bonus win after getting three wins on your card
- Usually the next pick is behind Mercy for Flawless runs, this allows you to skip an entire match on your way to the lighthouse – but you don’t have the loss forgiveness that comes with Mercy
- Passage of Wealth: This Passage gives increased Trials Rank points when getting 3, 5 and 7 match wins
- If you’re more focused on growing Trials rewards and not worried about going Flawless, this is the card for you. With the new Trials reputation system, the Passage of Wealth increases your rank with Saint-14 faster than any other card
- Passage of trust: This Passage gives a bonus reward from the Flawless chest, but you can only get this card after you’ve already become Flawless that week
- If you’re confident in your skills and have a solid fire team to play with, the Passage of Confidence can help you earn more rewards at the Lighthouse, but it might be the hardest Passage to play
Choosing the right Passage for you (and your teammates, if you plan to enter Trials with a ready-made fireteam) will go a long way in making sure you get the most out of your time each weekend. into the playlist.
Trials of Osiris Weekly Destiny 2 Reset
Trials of Osiris will go live next Friday (April 8) on daily reset (10:00 PDT † 1:00 PM EDT † 17:00 GMT † 19:00 CET) and will remain active in the Crucible directory until Destiny 2’s weekly reset on the following Tuesday (12 April†
Before diving into the competition, you should stop by the tower hangar and talk to Saint-14, the Destiny 2 vendor that oversees Trials. He will be your main source of bounties and rewards throughout the week, and the person who delivers all of your trial passes.
There you have it, that’s all you need to know about the Trials of Osiris map and rewards for this week. Be sure to jump into the playlist with some of your friends before next week’s reset puts the game mode on its signature hiatus.