The first cards of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet have been announced and are coming in the Paldea Collection. If you’re looking to get your hands on them, here’s the release date, where to buy them, and what’s in the box.
The latest Pokemon Trading Card Game box was confirmed on October 20 and features the first roster from the Paldea region – uncharted territory for trainers around the world, until Scarlet and Violet release in November 2022. You can pre-order the game here.
In an official blog post, The Pokemon Company said, “Get ready for a brand new adventure in the Paldea region with the Pokémon Trading Card Game! First partner Pokémon Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly join your collection as foil promo cards, and an enamel pin lets you show off your chosen Pokémon anywhere.
“Explore even more with booster packs and an oversized map featuring the Legendary Pokémon Koraidon or Miraidon as a powerful Pokémon ex!”
Here’s everything we know about the Paldea collection, due out in 2023.
When is Pokemon Paldea Collection coming out? Publication date
The Pokemon cards from the Paldea collection will be released on January 6, 2023.
How to get Pokemon Scarlet & Violet cards
If you want to pick up some of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet’s first cards, you can mainly get them in two places.
- The Pokemon Center – official store of The Pokemon Company and its products.
- Other retailers – stores that stock Trading Card Game products, such as Walmart or GameStop.
What does Pokemon TCG Paldea Collection contain?
The first set of Pokemon cards from the Paldea region of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet includes the following:
- 3 foil promo cards featuring Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly
- 1 foil oversized card with Koraidon ex or Miraidon ex
- 1 collectible pin with Sprigatito, Fuecoco or Quaxly
- 4 Pokémon TCG Booster Packs
- A code card that can be used in Pokémon TCG Online or Pokémon TCG Live
That’s all we know so far regarding this new Pokemon TCG box. If you want to read more about trading cards, check out our lists for the most expensive cards of all time, the most valuable cards in the McDonald’s set, and the best from Lost Origin.