League of Legends Patch 12.18 is on its way—and it’s the Worlds update. A dozen champions are on the chopping block. Lee Sin is driving his way back to the meta, while graining flavor of the month picks like Miss Fortune and Hecarim: Here are the patch notes.
It’s world time. League of Legends patch 12.18 will be the update where pro players will battle it out during the illustrious championship —although Udyr will be eliminated from the event.
Riot refines the meta with a final batch of changes affecting a dozen champions, including the aforementioned Spirit Walker. The developers are mainly focusing on two roles, jungle and AD carry, although the changes probably won’t be as drastic as the previous few updates.
We’ve got everything you need to know about LoL Patch 12.18 here, including when the changes will go live.
More Miss Fortune nerfs are planned after her mega LoL patch 12.17 buffs.
When is LoL Patch 12.18?
League of Legends patch 12.18 is ready to go live September 20, 2022right on schedule.
The eighteenth major patch of 2022 will roll out on Oceanic servers at 10 a.m. AEST, with a global rollout throughout the rest of the day.
Here are the key times:
- 3:00 AM PT (NA)
- 05:00 GMT (EUW)
- 03:00 CET (EUNE)
- 8AM KST (Korea)
There will be a few hours of downtime when patching begins, and matchmaking queues will be taken offline about three hours in advance.
What will change in LoL Patch 12.18?
Maokai overhaul gets another batch of changes
Maokai has been missing from the top lane and jungle for years since his remake of League of Legends, with players preferring to take the Twisted Treant bot as a support. That was supposed to change in LoL patch 12.17, but it hasn’t quite worked out yet.
The Twisted Treant has a much better game speed at the top than before—up to 40% of all Maokai games—but jungle is still lagging behind support at 20% versus 37%. The exact middle ground that Riot is trying to find remains to be seen, but more tweaks to both support and jungle are coming.
Maokai gets further tweaks in LoL patch 12.18.
Udyr also faces some tweaks as Riot tinkers with the recently reworked Spirit Walker. They want to further transform his physique, requiring him to build a powerhouse with less tankiness instead of the dominant AP build that his R, Wingborne Storm uses.
Big jungle changes with Lee Sin buffs, Hecarim nerfs
In addition to the Maokai and Udyr changes that will affect the role, there are four more junglers on the LoL patch 12.18 change list.
It really wouldn’t be Worlds without Lee Sin, and Riot provides that with a few buffs for the Blind Monk, to back him up. At the other end of the scale, Hecarim, Kayn and Nocturne have been a bit dominant at all levels – especially Hecarim.
Kayn and Nocturne’s nerfs are negligible, but Hecarim takes a major hit from his Q damage and W sustain.
This means that half of the 12 championship changes in the latest League of Legends update before Worlds will focus on the role and maybe change the meta drastically in a few weeks.
Lee Sin enters the meta for Worlds? Where have we heard that before?
AD carries meta targeting with Ashe, Kalista, Miss Fortune changes
Jungle isn’t the only role Riot has in mind. AD carry has been a point of contention recently with Sivir and Zeri running amok on the meta. LoL patch 12.18 won’t specifically hit those two, but three others will be changed.
Ashe is the only one facing buffs – sniper specific to her Q, so nothing to help build Imperial Mandate support. Kalista and Miss Fortune, on the other hand, face nerfs. This also comes after the latter got a massive boost in LoL patch 12.17, forcing a hotfix after hours.
You can find the full League of Legends patch 12.18 below, thanks to Riot. These are still subject to change on the PBE server, so if they shift, we’ll keep you posted here.
LoL patch 12.18 notes
Question: Ranger’s Focus
- Attack rate: 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 25/32.5/40/47.5/55%
- Bonus AD Ratio: 95% ⇒ 90%
- Driveway Damage: +6% bath ⇒ +5% bath
W: Spirit of Dread
- Healing: 30% (+2.5% bAD) ⇒ 25% (+2% bAD)
Q: Harvesting Slash
- Darkin Slayer maximum HP damage ratio: 5% ⇒ 3.5%
- Movement speed: 30% ⇒ 25%
- Polymorph Duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds ⇒ 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds
- Cool down: 17/16/15/14/13 seconds ⇒ 17/16.5/16/15.5/15 seconds
- Health Growth: 99 105
W: Safeguard / Iron Will
- Omnivamp: 5/9.5/14/18.5/23% ⇒ 5/10.5/16/21.5/26%
Passive: Juice Magic
- Healing: 4.8-14% ⇒ 4.5-12%
Question: Bramble Smash
- Monster Damage Bonus: 40/60/80/100/120 80/100/120/140/160
E: throw sapling
- AP ratio: 42.5% ⇒ 40%
- Competent AP Ratio: 85% ⇒ 80%
- Attack damage growth: 2.7 ⇒ 2.4
- Health growth: 107 ⇒ 103
- Attack speed slow: 50% of the movement speed slow ⇒ 75% of the movement speed slow
R: Fury of the Sands
- Cool down: 120 seconds ⇒ 110/100/90 seconds
- Attack damage growth: 3.1 ⇒ 2.6
- Health Growth: 115 120
- Damage: 65/95/125/155/185 75/110/145/180/215
- Health growth: 106 98
- Armor Growth: 5.2 4.7
Question: Wilding Claw
- Mana Cost: 45-28 ⇒ 20
- The first two hits now have a 50 . attack range
- The Awakened version deals an additional 2-5% (+0.03% bAD) maximum physical health damage on the first two attacks
- AP ratio with each lightning strike: 0.006% ⇒ 0.008%
W: iron mantle
- Health Healing Rate: 1.2/1.26/1.32/1.38/1.44/1.5% ⇒ 1.2%
- Health Shield Percentage: 2/2.4/2.8/3.2/3.6/4% ⇒ 2/2.3/2.6/2.9/3.2/3.5%
- Steal life: 15% ⇒ 15/16/17/18/19/20%
R: Wingborne Storm
- Magic Damage: 20/38/56/74/92/110 (+40% AP) ⇒ 20/36/52/68/84/100 (+35% AP)
- Damage to minions: 50/60/70/80% on levels 1/6/11/16 ⇒ 40/55/70/85%