League of Legends Patch 12.20 is here as Riot starts to warm up for Season 13. There are some final tweaks for the final ranked push, but with major meta changes in the top row, as well as some item tweaks ahead of the new releases: here are the patch notes .
League of Legends Season 13 is upon us and LoL Patch 12.20 is one of the last ones with the old systems. In November, the top lane and jungle will be overhauled, plus a slew of new items added to Boris’ arsenal.
But for then, Riot Season 12 is still poised for that final ranked push. Top laners should be most concerned about LoL patch 12.20 with a handful of balance changes for popular champions in the role, as well as some item tweaks.
Also, if you’ve had fun with jungle Blitzcrank since its random off-meta buff, there’s more to come if Riot’s preview is to be believed. Check out the full LoL Patch 12.20 comments below, including details on the release date.
League of Legends patch 12.20 includes some changes to the top lane.
When is LoL Patch 12.20?
League of Legends patch 12.20 is ready to go live October 19, 2022right on schedule.
The twentieth major patch of 2022 will roll out on Oceanic servers at 10 a.m. AEDT, with a global rollout throughout the rest of the day.
Here are the key times:
- 3:00 AM PT (NA)
- 05:00 GMT (EUW)
- 03:00 CET (EUNE)
- 8AM KST (Korea)
There will be a few hours of downtime when patching begins, and matchmaking queues will be taken offline about three hours in advance.
What will change in LoL Patch 12.20?
Major changes in the top track champion: Aatrox, Gwen, Maokai, more
The top lane isn’t just one of Riot’s focal points for League of Legends Season 13—it’s also getting some late love in Season 12. A major meta-shift is in the pipeline for LoL Patch 12.20 with major shifts to popular champions.
This includes Aatrox, Sett and Maokai nerfs. While the last two have bent over the Rift, they’ve all been a powerful force in the top lane of League of Legends and it’s something Riot is looking at.
These will be coupled with buffs for some underrated top laners like Jayce, Gwen and the controversial Wukong who could find himself back in the meta after tearing things up in the second half of the year.
Wukong fans? He has only just left the meta.
Blitzcrank adjustments to refine dominant Steam Golem
Another key point of LoL patch 12.20, in terms of balancing, is Blitzcrank. After getting some off-meta buffs in the previous update, he has become the best support in the game. That’s far from the intentions Riot had in mind.
There will be a few more tweaks to tinker with his power as a jungler versus a support, the two roles developers now play with the Great Steam Golem. Some of the attack speed improvements are rolled back, but he takes more bonus damage against monsters to increase his jungle power.
Improvements to Evelynn, Rammus and Ziggs are also planned for LoL patch 12.20, as well as a quality of life change for Elise. And with League of Legends Season 13 in testing, a number of items will be modified to coexist with the game’s new additions.
Blitzcrank is getting some tweaks after its popularity surge.
You can find the full LoL patch 12.20 comments below, thanks to Riot. These are constantly changing until the October 19 release date, so check back to see how the patch evolves.
LoL patch 12.20 notes
Passive: Deathbringer Stance
- Heal: 100% of damage dealt ⇒ 80% of damage dealt
Passive: Mana Barrier
- Shield: 30% max mana ⇒ 15-45% max mana, scaling with level
Question: Rocket Grab
- Damage: 105/155/205/255/305 105/150/195/240/285
- Bonus damage to monsters: 60/90/120/150/180 60/100/140/180/220
E: Power fist
- Damage: 200% tAD (+25% AP) ⇒ 175% tAD (+25% AP)
- Monster bonus damage: 150% tAD (+125% AP) ⇒ 175% tAD (+125% AP)
- Monsters and minions are now occasionally sent to the moon if they are overkill
Q: Neurotoxin / Poisonous Bite
- Human Casting Range: 625 575
- Human hitbox: the center of the target⇒the edge of the target
Q: Hate Spike
- Marked bonus damage: 10/20/30/40/50 15/25/35/35/45/55
- Begging time: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1/1.3125/1.625/1.9375/2.25 seconds
Question: Cut Cut!
- Damage per cut: 18/10/22/26 ⇒ 15/10/20/25/30
- Last cut damage: 60/80/100/120/140 60/85/110/135/160
W: Lightning Field/Hypercharge
- Melee mana recovery: 6/8/10/12/14/16 10/12/14/16/18/20
R: Mercury Cannon / Mercury Hammer
- Melee bonus armor and magic resistance: 15/5/25/35 ⇒ 15/5/25/35 (+7.5% bonus AD)
Passive: Juice Magic
- Healing: 4.5-12% max health ⇒ 4-10% max health
R: Nature’s grasp
- Cool down: 120/100/80 seconds 120/110/100 seconds
W: Defensive Ball Curl
R: Rising Slam
- Speed: 105% original movement speed (110% original movement speed)
Passive: Pit Grit
- Bonus Recovery: 0.25/0.5/1/2 0.15/0.5/1/2
- Right punch bonus AD ratio: 50% ⇒ 55%
- AD ratio per cast: 220% ⇒ 275%
Question: Bouncing bomb
- Damage: 85/135/185/235/285 95/145/195/245/295
- Health: 450 350
- Power Power: 60 75
- Remote fire damage: 1% max health ⇒ 0.8% max health
- Cost: 2500 Gold 2700 Gold
- Armor: 80 90
- Rock Solid base reduction: 7 ⇒ 5
- Attacks to cause severe wounds: 3 ⇒ 2
- Bonus Attack Damage: 45% base AD ⇒ 50% base AD
- Shield amount: 75% bonus health⇒80% bonus health
- Expiration time: 3.75 seconds (4.5 seconds)
- Capstone Bonus Auto Attack Range: 50/75 (Melee/Ranged) ⇒50 (for all)