The September 20 update of Marvel Snap has arrived, and the full patch notes reveal 23 map changes, new Emotes, and plenty of optimizations ahead of the game’s upcoming release.
As the full release of Marvel Snap approaches on October 18, the developers of Second Dinner continue to refine early access with new content drops and balance updates.
Mid season 4: Sword and Shield, a brand new patch has been implemented to address the current meta of the game and also introduce some new improvements.
Here’s a full rundown of Marvel Snap’s September 20th patch notes.
Mister Negative Finally Grained in Marvel Snap September 20 Update
In the Marvel Snap update of September 20, a total of 23 maps were modified. For some, such as Hulk, Onslaught, Red Skull, and Black Bolt, to name a few, these changes are merely incremental stat boosts, with all of the aforementioned characters gaining one extra power.
For others, however, the latest changes are much more important. After weeks of dominating all but the meta, Mister Negative has finally been hit with a significant nerf, going from a 4/4 card to a 4/1.
Mister Negative has been a pivotal map in Marvel Snap for many weeks.
“While this may seem like a big change, the power of the deck lies largely in the cards that are hit by Mister Negative,” the developers explained. “So we don’t expect this to be a huge hit for the overall strength of the deck.
In addition, the cost of certain cards has been reduced to reach full power earlier in the game. For example, both Thor and Jessica Jones can be played one turn earlier than before, on turns three and four, respectively.
The full list of map changes in the latest Marvel Snap patch can be found below.
Emotes, Mission Changes, and Deck Limits
The September 20 patch also included a new set of emotes. Previously, players were quite limited when it came to expressing themselves in combat. While the same system is still in effect, a handful of new emotes should provide more options to better fit a given situation.
Weekly missions should also be a bit less stressful going forward as the general requirements have dropped from 5, 10, 20, 30, 35 daily missions to 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 daily missions.
As an added bonus, players can now have more decks than ever before, as the limit has been doubled from 10 to 20 decks.
Full Marvel Snap September 20 Update Patch Notes
- Emotes: A new set of emotes is available for use! Watch them while playing a match by tapping your avatar and let your opponent know how you feel about the latest game!
- The matchmaking system allows for longer waiting times for high-ranking players to increase the chance of finding a more competitive opponent.
- Weekly mission requirements have been reduced to 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 completed daily missions. (Previously 5, 10, 20, 30 and 35)
- The game result screen has been visually improved.
- Map art variant names are now visible in the Shop and Map Detail screen.
- The maximum number of decks is doubled from 10 to 20.
- Haptics are now supported on Android devices (they were already present on iOS).
- The game resolution is increased on Low settings.
- Added a “Download All Assets” button in Settings that allows players to choose to download all game files at a time of their choosing. Pre-download will improve match performance for players on devices with less RAM, slower processors and/or poor network connectivity.
- We have added initial support for the Spanish language. You can switch between languages in the Settings menu. This includes both text and voiceovers. Please note that some parts of the game are not fully translated yet.
Art & Visual Effects
For a smoother moving experience, ongoing effect updates are paused while moving multiple cards. Colossus visuals are disabled for now (to avoid the “glowing Colossus problem”).
- Updated Map Visual Effects for:
- Agatha Harkness
- Ghost Rider
- Updated visual effects for locations for:
- the raft
- New map sounds for:
- Adam Warlock
- Dr Doom
- Ghost Rider
- New location sounds for:
- Baxter Building
- Dream Dimension
- Know here
- the raft
- “Defeat” VO rule removed
- Spanish VO
- Arnim Zola: Will not add more copies of a card if its target has not been destroyed.
- Baron Mordo: [2/3] On Reveal: Your opponent draws a card. Set the cost to 6.
- Jessica Jones: [4/4] On Reveal: If you don’t play a card here the next turn, +4 Power.
- Lady Sif: [2/4] -> [3/4]
- Mr Negative: [4/4] -> [4/1]
- Professor X: Walking: Close this location. (Cards cannot be added, deleted, etc.)
- Spider-Man: [4/2] -> [4/3]
- Thor: [4/6] -> [3/4]
5 cost map updates
- horror: [5/8] -> [5/9]
- Aero: [5/6] -> [5/8]
- black bolt: [5/7] -> [5/8]
- Blue Marvel: [6/4] -> [5/3]
- Devil Dinosaur: [4/0] -> [5/3]
- gamora: [5/7] On Reveal: If your opponent has played a card here this turn, +5 Power.
- Claw: [5/4] Walking: The location on the right has +6 Power.
- red skull: [5/14] -> [5/15]
- Ronan: [5/0] Continuous: +3 Power for each card in your opponent’s hand.
- spider woman: [4/4] -> [5/7]
6 cost map updates
- Agatha Harkness: [6/13] -> [6/14]
- Hulk: [6/11] -> [6/12]
- attack: [6/6] -> [6/7]
- Spectrum: [6/4] -> [6/5]
- Ultron: [6/8] On Reveal: Create four 1-Power Drones on each other’s location.
- Attilan: After turn 3, shuffle your hand in your deck. Draw 3 cards.
- New Location — Necrosha: Cards here have -2 Power.
Solutions during the match
- Cards should now be less likely to appear black/blank/empty during matches.
- Fixed an issue where Lechuguilla or Korg would add stones to the hand causing clients to crash.
- Fixed a bug that should prevent Deathlok’s visual effects from freezing some devices.
- Players can now withdraw if your opponent plays Daredevil on turn 5 and snaps.
- Fixed a bug where two friendly Daredevils caused their effect to be cancelled.
- Wong’s ability now works correctly with Onslaught when Onslaught is played after Wong.
- On Reveal effects activated by Odin are now doubled by Kamar-Taj.
- Improved speed of Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel’s abilities when they update the card power.
- Fixed an issue where Domino could get stuck in your hand after playing her.
- Fixed an issue where Hulks created in Gamma Lab would retain modifiers from before the transformation. Gamma Lab now properly turns token/spawned cards into Hulks.
- Fixed an issue where The Peak did not visually alter the power of some cards.
- Xandar VFX Activation Cleaned
- Falcon VFX now moves when Falcon moves
- Fixed an issue where cards could become invisible in the hand when switching hands with your opponent.
- Limbo VFX should no longer appear if the game is already over when the location is revealed (if Dark Dimension or Invisible Woman is in play).
- The opponent’s cards in the top right corner of the rightmost location should now be easier to tap to focus.
- Mister Fantastic will stop playing VFX when played in the only remaining location (if Worldship is in play).
- Slightly tweaked the readability and transitions of the End Turn button.
- Fixed an issue where automatically pushed seasonal rewards could soft-lock the client.
- TVA no longer prevents missions from completing correctly.
- The Body of Death is no longer missing from her basemap art.
- Collector’s Cache/Reserve images no longer disappear when scrolling through the CLTR.
- Swiping cards in the collection will no longer close the card instead of moving to the next card.
- If you paste a deck if you don’t own all the cards, a deck is now created using the cards you do own for that copied deck.
- Players should now take credit for completing the “Win matches with a click” mission when their opponent snapped (it was only counted when the player snapped).
- Season Key Art should now reappear on Android
- The Android “Back” button should now take you to the main screen if you’re using it in the Store and Collection screens.
- Lots of bug fixes for various map and avatar art (this may cause your game to redownload some items).