Wondering how to play the Splatoon 3 demo and access the game before the release date? Then our handy hub has everything you need to know.
Splatoon 3 is the latest title in Nintendo’s colorful third-person shooter series and the developers are giving players the opportunity to play the game before it comes out. The Splatoon 3 demo features the brand new Tri-Stringer with its explosive arrows, Tricolor Turf War and much more.
Not only is the demo a great way to test your ink splatter skills, but it’s also a great opportunity to try out the new content on offer. So if you’re wondering how and when to try the game out before release, be sure to check out the tee times and all the content included below.
How to play the Splatoon 3 demo
The demo will allow players to get an early glimpse of the game ahead of launch.
Follow the steps below to download the Splatoon 3 demo:
- Boot your Nintendo Switch
- Click on the Nintendo eShop and select your desired account.
- Go to the ‘Discover’ page on the right side of the menu.
- Select the Splatoon 3 demo.
- press the ‘Free pre-order’ knob.
After following the instructions above, you will be able to play the Splatoon 3 demo as soon as it goes live. It is important to note that: players need an internet connection and a Nintendo Switch Online membership to participate in the Splatoon 3: Splatfest World Premiere Demo.
By downloading the demo from Nintendo eShop, you can get a 7-day free trial of Nintendo Switch Online. So if you’re not a Nintendo Switch Online member yet, you can still try the game for free right now.
Splatoon 3 demo release date and times
The Splatoon 3 demo is only playable for 12 hours.
The 12 hour demo starts on August 27 and makes it possible players to dive into a game of Turf War and play the brand new Splatfest Tricolor Turf War Battles.
You can only participate in the Splatfest during the following times:
- First Half (Splatfest Battles Begin) – 27-8 (Sat) 9:00 a.m. PT – 3:00 p.m. PT.
- Second Half (Tricolor Turf War Battles Begin) – 27-8 (Sat) 3:00 PM PT – 9:00 PM PT.
The game’s demo includes some exciting features for players to enjoy, so we’ve listed them below for your convenience:
- New Splatfest Mode – Tricolor Turf War (4v2v2 battles) during the second half of the Splatfest.
- 26 weapons appear — The brand new Tri-Stringer makes its debut. There’s also the iconic Splattershot, Splat Roller for close range and more.
- Test Range: – Practice using weapons before fighting.
- Customizable Team Messages – share art for others to see in the square.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about the demo for Splatoon 3 and how to play. Be sure to check out our other Splatoon 3 content for all the latest news and information.
Splatoon 3: Release Date | Splatoon 3 phases | Splatoon 3: All New and Returning Modes | Splatoon 3: All New and Returning Weapons