TFT Patch 12.18 is on the way as Riot gives Uncharted Realms its first major balance change. First on the list is the obviously overpowered Dragonmancer Nunu build, but everything from reroll to Dragons is touched upon: here are the patch notes.
With TFT Set 7.5, Uncharted Realms, launched with patch 12.17, Riot has been working hard to try and maintain the new set balance.
A mid-patch update — TFT Patch 12.17b — fixed some of the issues with Aphelios and Xayah, but new compositions like Nunu have appeared since then.
The main balancing pass of TFT patch 12.18 will try to fix some of those issues. Riot doesn’t pull the nerf hammer out too much, though. Instead, the developers polish underrated compositions and units in the meta to spice things up.
Check out the full TFT patch 12.18 comments below ahead of the September 21 release.
More Aphelios nerfs are coming as part of TFT patch 12.18.
When is TFT Patch 12.18?
TFT patch 12.18 is expected to roll out on Wednesday 21 September 2022. Servers usually shut down around 5 a.m. local time (depending on location) and reopen at 8 a.m.
Oceania is the first region to get the patch, with comments usually disappearing once the update starts in Australia. The global rollout will then begin in the next 24 hours.
What will change in TFT patch 12.18?
Dragonmancer Nunu nerfed after terrorizing meta
While week one of Uncharted Realms was the week of Aphelios and Xayah, after TFT patch 12.17b every lobby has been overrun by Dragonmancer Nunu. The moment you could slap an emblem on the Mirage Cavalier unit, you were ready for the game.
Each lobby has multiple players contesting the unit, and Riot tries to curb its power with a dual nerf in TFT patch 12.18. There will be a bug fix for Nunu’s damage boost with Giant Slayer combined with a damage nerf, as well as a change to Dragonmancer attributes. Other Dragonmancer units, such as Karma, are buffered as compensation.
With Nunu’s dominance forcing Dragonmancer trait nerfs, other units like Karma will get some help individually.
While Riot is happy with Xayah’s state after the mid-patch update, Aphelios gets another tune.
Most dragons are polished after rework
Outside of the Nunu and Aphelios changes, buffs abound in TFT patch 12.18. Multiple dragons are buffered after being hit a bit too hard in the Mid-Set update nerf wise. This includes new ones like Zippy, as well as old believers like Shi Oh Yu and Daeja.
Astral is also another composition that is undergoing major changes. The loot table is buffed from the back of a grain that caps the Star Level counter based on double champions. Lux’s ability is slightly improved with a faster cast time (but less damage to compensate), and Aurelion Sol is in those Dragon buffs too.
Other composition re-roll changes like Wukong and Sett are also included in TFT patch 12.18, adding a bit more comp diversity.
You can find the full TFT patch 12.18 comments below, courtesy of Mortdog. The update will go live on September 21, 2022.
TFT Patch 12.18 Notes
- Inner Flame Damage: 210/280/350⇒ 210/280/420
- Fury of the Sands health: 225/350/550 225/350/650
- Fury of the Sands damage: 70/100/170 70/100/185
- Knuckle Down AD scaling: 150/155/160% 150/155/170%
- Crushing Stroke AD Scale: 165/180/195% ⇒ 185/200/230%
- Attack rate: 0.75 0.7
- Withstand armor and magic: 40 ⇒ 45
- Icathic Rain Damage: 35/55/75 40/60/85
- Light Binding Damage: 350/425/575 325/400/525
- Lux’s skill animation is now slightly faster
- Unstable Current Healing: 200/220/270 220/250/300
- Consumption health threshold damage amplification: 33% ⇒ 20%
- Bug Fix: Nunu’s boosted bite no longer scales multiplicatively with Giant Slayer’s damage boost.
- Relentless storm damage: 110/155/215 125/175/240
- Ultrashock laser damage: 160/240/420⇒200/300/475
- Attack damage: 80 ⇒ 85
- Bug Fix: Zippy should attack his spell target more reliably.
- Attack damage: 0 ⇒ 20
- Passive gust damage: 40/60/180 25/40/150
Shi Oh Yu
- Jade Form damage reduction: 15/20/50% ⇒ 20/25/50%
- AD scaling: 230/250/1000% 250/275/1000%
- Tide Blossom Explodes Damage: 275/375/1500 ⇒ 300/420/1500
- Missing health healing: 11% ⇒ 12%
- Black hole damage: 325/550/4000 350/575/4000
- Increased damage increase: 15% ⇒ 20%
- Orb star levels no longer include double Astral champions
- There are no more ‘break points’ and the quality of Astral Orbs increases at each star level. This means that the average orb quality is going up across the board. Item components and full items may fall earlier than before.
- Cannonball AD Scale: 150/300/475% 150/250/450%
- Basic health: 250/600/900/1200⇒250/600/800/1000
- Base power: 18/30/50/75⇒ 18/30/50/70
- AP Scale: 75/100/125/150% 75/110/145/180%
- Attack rate: 50/100/175/250% 50/100/150/250%
- Magic Damage Bonus: 15/50/115% ⇒ 15/50/100%
- Crown of Champions damage cooldown: 6 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Determined Investor Gold Awarded: 10 ⇒ 15
- Goldmancer’s Staff probability to proc: 33% ⇒ 40%
- Goldmancer’s Staff base AP and mana: 15 20
- Unnecessary Big Gem units per gold: 3 ⇒ 2
- Mogul’s Mail base health: 200 ⇒ 350
- New Augment in Silver tier
- Every two rounds, a random Dragonmancer will appear on your bench. Get a Kai’Sa.
- Buff rate: 50% ⇒ 66%
- Frontline AD champions now receive a better selection of items.
- Now always returns full items even before level 7
- Removed some weaker options to improve average Augment strength
- Bounce Damage Reduction: 33% ⇒ 50%
- Duration of crowd control immunity: 15 seconds⇒20 seconds
- Armor Penetration: 20% 10%
Last whisper (radiant last whisper)
- Armor penetration: 60% ⇒ 50%
- Armor penetration: 60% ⇒ 50%
- Darkflight now sacrifices the champion in the hex when Darkflight is activated by a unit that is automatically placed on the board at the end of the shop phase when not playing a fully stocked army
- Darkflight now correctly displays the Sacrifice Hex and Chain VFX for Away Players and Ghosts
- Fixed a rare issue where ghost armies could have multiple sacrificed champions and thus get multiple items
- Nillah no longer resets if her target dies from damage other than her spell
- When killing, Nilah now rearranges to nearest unit instead of furthest
- Nilah now correctly rearranges when she kills a cornered target
- Nilah’s damage should now be more in line with her animation
- Pirate Mirage no longer gives chest after PvE rounds
- Pandora’s Bench and Recombobulator will now pull the correct number of units from the pool when transforming two-star and three-star units
- The following Augments will no longer be offered to players who chose Built Different: Age of Dragons, Ancient Archives, Dragon Imperialist, Dragon Soul
- Hyper Roll: Fixed a bug where you gained extra experience during Treasure Dragon